Wanderlust

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Scream Stolen

It is absolutely not amusing to me in the least that Scream has been stolen again. That's twice in my short teensy-weensy life-time. Is there nothing new to steal anymore? That statement, loud though it is, has been made before. I could clutch my hair and gnash and weep for it all...

Better yet, why don't we let the Norwegians, who don't believe in armed guards at museums, apparently, guard our modern art masterpieces? I, for one, would love that. Even if I have good friends and family who oddly disagree... *wink*

Probably what really makes me giggle now, no offence to Edvard Munch, is that I am so feeling at one with his Scream. I'm working (albeit at home) on a Sunday, wrapping up a proposal that's been in the works for weeks, but somehow still made it onto my weekend roster of must-do's.

Yes, I am in a Scream kinda mood. So here it is...



"It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors." - Oscar Wilde

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home