Wanderlust

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, July 07, 2005

On Bombings, Near and Far

First off, obviously, I hope that anyone reading this who might be in London is safe and well, and that all of our loved ones are safe and well.

I'm also wondering if anyone in any other metropolises have noticed heightened security on public transport in recent days. I was just talking with a colleague, and she and I agreed on seeing a "coincidence" in the recent heightened security presence in our subway system and the bombings in London today. She believes she's noticed the increase in security personnel in our subways over the past week. I know I've been seeing a much more visible presence in the past two or three days.

Just yesterday, leaving work, I bumped into not one, but four cops at just one entrance to the 34th Street subway station. And saw firemen (yes, FIREMEN, wtf?) at another station we passed. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

But I think they had an inkling something was going to happen, somewhere. Who knows. Maybe something else is going to happen, somewhere. Lord.

So, any DC similarities? Anyone else in NYC notice the increase in cops? Any other cities?

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home