Wanderlust

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. ~ Mark Twain

Friday, July 14, 2006

A Traditional July 4th

On July 4, after the requisite weekend in the office to prepare for a hectic month ahead (don't ask), I finally broke free to enjoy a traditional Independence Day with friends old and new.

First, of course, there was the traditional July 4 Ode to a Marshmallow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And then, of course, there was the traditional Man-Tossing Championship.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then we played the traditional "No, YOU'RE an American" game

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And that was how we celebrated Independence Day...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Fantastically.

One of the few evenings in my life when I heard Americans break out in song... Actually, the only occasion in which this was fun and humorous, and even rather beautiful, as opposed to contrived graduation-type events.

All in all, it was delicious, fun, and a barrel of laughs. The best July 4 in this country ever. :) I'm glad I had it before leaving.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:26 pm, Blogger ~R said…

    And yes, I've conspicuously managed to not include photos of myself. :) That's because it's MY blog and I get to control the content :)

     
  • At 8:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You wimp! What about the pictures with your new boyfriend(s)?

     
  • At 9:37 am, Blogger ~R said…

    :) I'm saving them for later.

    But I really *should* put up that excellent photo I snapped of you the day your front door buzzer wasn't working... :)

     
  • At 7:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You wouldn't dare! The good news is I'm not sure you are so technicologically advanced to be able to figure out how to get pictures OFF your camera phone :)

     
  • At 11:40 am, Blogger ~R said…

    That MAY be true. But, I do *know* people, you know...

    :)

    That's right, baby! I have connections to the technologically savvy!!!

     
  • At 10:54 am, Blogger World Traveler said…

    OK...you have heard an American break into song spontaneously during housework...the Messiah to be exact....wasn't that enough for you??

    and who was it that never wanted to leave the apartment unless sushi was involved?? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home