Wanderlust

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. ~ Mark Twain

Monday, January 16, 2006

And On the 15th day, God Was Too Tired to Work. Although He Worked Best Under Pressure.

I'm sitting here wondering why I feel so braindead when I've been in the office fewer hours than on an ordinary day. And then it strikes me. It's my 15th day in a row. If you don't count the stomach virus that took me for a loop on Tuesday.

Okay. Now I don't feel so sick and weepy.

Just hungry. Sushi's on the way. Hallelujah.

The Wise Ole Internet Tells Me:

Job Burnout Quiz: 60

35-64: Warning Zone. You have are having some of the classic signs of job burnout, and if you do not take steps to evaluate and change your situation, you could face serious mental and physical challenges ahead. You need to make some changes soon.

Amazing how I bothered taking this test. As if I don't know that I'm facing "classic signs of job burnout," such as fatigue, irritation, increased susceptibility to colds, and lower productivity. Gah! Now I'm tired AND irritated with myself AND not working!!! :)

6 Comments:

  • At 8:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dear friend R,

    I cannot say what I really want to, as this is a public blog. So, I will say that you need to have fabulous dinners with friends to break up your days :)

     
  • At 9:56 am, Blogger ~R said…

    Oh, the "good" news is that I did the math whilst conscious (ie this morning), and realized that since I took off January 2, I've only had 14 straight days in the office.

    Until today. *eyeroll*

    Whatever.

     
  • At 1:10 pm, Blogger World Traveler said…

    um..fatigue, irritation, increased susceptibility to colds, and lower productivity.

    when haven't you had these signs?

    :)

    Perhaps if you turn your heat up to 90 you wouldn't be so ripe for colds. Your roommate will love you for it :)

     
  • At 2:05 pm, Blogger ~R said…

    I was thinking of you the other day. As the blizzard whipped through the open window in JB's apartment. :)

    By the by, is it possible that one sleeps for longer when one's room IS too hot? I overslept this morning...7:08am. I've never been this bad... The alarm was set for 5:35am or so...

     
  • At 8:56 am, Blogger World Traveler said…

    Yes, warmth induced sleep. I am sure of it.

    I thought you might have thought of me during a computer printer related tantrum or something of that nature. Not that I ever broken my even keeled demure manner to actually ever cause a fuss....but...

     
  • At 3:46 pm, Blogger ~R said…

    JB...dinner on you on Sunday :)

    *cough* Did Shann just suggest an "even-keeled temper?"

    I must be sleep deprived.

    Oh, I hear from JB that actually the wind was so hard the window was blown open... Ergo my freezing morning...not quite as cold as some of mine with Shann. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home