Wanderlust

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Life, the Universe and Everything...


When facing an avalanche of work and no spade strong enough to dig myself out of impending doom, I wimperingly turn to surfing the web for psychological escape. And in doing so today, I came across Belief o'Matic. A site which informs me of what religion's beliefs most closely align to mine. Its disclaimer: Belief-O-Matic™ assumes no legal liability for the ultimate fate of your soul.

Now, in years of yore, in the midst of a religious argument with someone I admire very much, I was "accused" of being a Pantheist. I was thrilled. "Yes," I cried out, to his incredulity, "I am! I am! I'm a Pantheist!" Oh, the euphoria. He was not impressed.

I was expecting to discover yet again that I am a seditious pantheist, with a strong Jewish ethical grain.

Imagine my surprise:

1.
Liberal Quakers (100%)
2.
Unitarian Universalism (99%)
3.
Neo-Pagan (95%)
4.
Secular Humanism (87%)
5.
New Age (86%)
6.
Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (80%)
7.
Bahá'í Faith (80%)
8.
Mahayana Buddhism (79%)
9.
Reform Judaism (78%)
10.
Sikhism (73%)
11.
Jainism (69%)
12.
Theravada Buddhism (69%)
13.
Scientology (63%)
14.
Taoism (62%)
15.
New Thought (61%)
16.
Nontheist (59%)
17.
Orthodox Quaker (57%)
18.
Hinduism (56%)
19.
Islam (52%)
20.
Orthodox Judaism (52%)
21.
Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (48%)
22.
Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (33%)
23.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (32%)
24.
Seventh Day Adventist (28%)
25.
Eastern Orthodox (25%)
26.
Roman Catholic (25%)
27.
Jehovah's Witness (17%)

I can only imagine that Pantheism is not an option as it's a philosophy. But to be more of a Jehovah's Witness (???) than a Pantheist... Ain't no way.

But I guess I'd best be getting back to work. Reports don't get written without a Creator. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home