Wanderlust

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. ~ Mark Twain

Monday, March 07, 2005

Miracle on Broadway


Peons and workers of the world, lend me your eyes! A miracle has occurred in the bowels of the Big Fruit...

Less is More

For the first time today, in nigh near a decade of work-related meetings, I exited a task-based meeting with ... (drumroll) less to do.

Lift your weary bones from your office floor, wipe your spittle from your dusty off-blue carpetting, cut short your secret smoking break in the vestibule, and commence with this miraculous reading, my dear friends...

As of only a moment ago, I have two projects OFF my hands, and one mind-bendingly vast first-draft report OFF my hands. Of course, I am slightly stressed about the latter, since managing is still not poetry to me (mark that one as another fugged up saying), and it takes time to edit, support and generally push a report into being. I imagine it's not that different from childbirth, minus the blood, wailing and tears. Hm. On second thoughts, it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch at all. Other than the lifetime commitment of raising a good human being.

Now, for the other piece of news, or rather, an update of unremarkable proportions. And I'd like to preface it in the words of a rather remarkable person, so as to place this detail where it belongs in the pantheon of mankind's success stories. *ahem*

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~ Thomas Edison

My new saying which does not exist. In handing off the work to my colleague:

"It'll be your duck."



I'm told that I should have said: "It'll be your baby."
Ahem. But then I wouldn't have brightened up the poor woman's mood with a bit of well-deserved laughter. *winning smile*

Now, on to the rest of my two-task-less day!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home