Wanderlust

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. ~ Mark Twain

Friday, March 25, 2005

Notes from Underground

I'm in the middle of a huge huge huge huge huge workload. I am saving my commas for my report, the first "final" draft (oh, the redundance, the oxymoronicness, the lack of tequila in my house!) of which is due on Monday. If my bleary eyes could spare the tears, I would weep.

(I've not completely ruled out laughing maniacally, if you must know.)

Yesterday I worked from home. I'm approximately a million times more productive at home. It's inexplicable.

There I am, compiling data on my laptop. My wrist slips as I turn the page from the research instrument. (I hate jargon.) I press any mixture of unknown keys, by accident. I continue typing blandly. And notice that I'm now typing in the Cyrillic font.

The horrors. It took me 10 minutes to find the correct sequence of keys to bring me back to that beauteous Latin script they were expecting back at the office.

I did rejoice at my laptops bilingualism, though... As I imagine you would too. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 4:10 pm, Blogger Rob said…

    How long did it take you to notice that the text had change? I suspect it was not an instantaneous recognition on your behalf.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home